This weekend I....
1. Woke up early to make brunch for a friend who was visiting from out of town. I made quiche, mini cinnamon rolls, and granola to eat with a yogurt parfait. It was a great time of catching up on life happenings on work, relationships and good ol' girl talk. I realized over the years that a good, quality friendship will never change even though distance becomes an issue as long as that strong foundation is there from the beginning and is maintained through the years.
2. Made a 5 layered dip to take to a bbq. I made this at the boy's place which was a mistake because he doesn't own a food processor!! Therefore his job was to mash the black beans and that was a sight to see.
3. Hiked through Great Falls since we couldn't last weekend due to the rain. It was a gorgeous day to be outside and apparently others thought so too because several people were barbequing and hiking through the park.
4. Ran some errands around College Park, MD and stopped by my favorite gyro place called Marathon Deli for lunch. It's a family owned Greek restaurant so you won't find it anywhere else and their gyros are as close as what you would find in Greece. The owner is also exceptionally nice and welcoming and is a fellow dog lover so him and I were conversing on the joys of owning a dog after lunch=)
5. Was introduced to the most expensive store bought ice cream by my friend. He has been raving about this ice-cream and how he's been wanting to try it after reading it on Serious Eats, so we finally stopped by Whole Foods (only certain grocery stores carry this brand) to buy some. Did I mention that's expensive?? It's $9.99 a PINT! But I have to admit the flavors are outrageously good. My favorite between the two was the Brambleberry Crisp. It's blackberry and blueberry jam mixed in with oat stresuel in a honey vanilla bean ice-cream. It was easily finished between the two of us.
How was your weekend?