Friday, March 1, 2013

NomNom: Chocolate Almond Bark

So this chocolate almond bark is kind of a big deal in my life right now. I've been having some strange chocolate cravings lately (the past 2 weeks to be exact) which ultimately makes me want to eat a piece of chocolate every.single.day. Life's been hard.

I needed a quick fix the day I made this. I blame it on Ina Garten. I watched her make her version of a chocolate bark a couple days earlier and I couldn't get the image out of my mind. As I quickly did an internet search on her recipe, I actually didn't have anything that was required from the recipe, other then the chocolate itself. Fail.

She used apricots and cashews in her bark which I didn't have, but as I looked at my panty, my eyes quickly darted to this big ol' bag of almonds and dry cranberries.Win.


The hardest part of this recipe was waiting for the chocolate to harden up. Seriously. It takes at least a couple of hours before you can break apart the goodness and stuff it in your mouth. My mom happened to be visiting me when I made this so I packed some for her to take when she left. She called me on her drive home asking for the recipe so she can make it for some friends she was having over the following day. True story.

Feel free to experiment with different nuts and dried fruits. Variety is the spice of life.

Have a beautiful weekend. Xo.


Ingredients (Makes about 16 pieces)
1/2 cup chopped almond
1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used Ghiradelli for the chocolate chips)
1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup of bittersweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup dry cranberries

Procedure
1. Line 9x13 in. baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.

2. Roughly chop whole almonds and put in skillet. Cook over medium heat until golden brown. Stir constantly so it doesn't burn. Set aside.

3. Melt the chocolates together in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water.  Remove from heat and pour half of the toasted almonds into the melted chocolate and mix it in.

4. Pour melted chocolate in baking pan and spread the chocolate out in a rectangular shape. Sprinkle the remaining chopped almond and cranberries. Set aside for at least 2 hours or until firm. Break into 2 or 3-inch pieces and serve.




No comments:

Post a Comment