Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Weekend Snapshots



This weekend I....

1. Finally wore my new Rag & Bone Harrow boots. This was an incredible post holiday find at a great discount (60% off!!) that was thankfully spotted by my mom and sis. Only one pair was left and in my size so it was obviously meant to be;) I own their classic newbury boots and they are incredibly comfy so if you're looking to invest in a pair of comfortable and chic ankle boots, I would recommend the classic newbury boots.

2. Checked out a new speakeasy that opened in Washington DC named, The Sheppard. It is an intimate and small space that boasts fancy and good drinks but the drink menu is limited and apparently ever changing. This would be a great place to go for a relaxing pre/post dinner drink(s). No name on the outside so just look for the green light on the building.

3. Have been mildly obsessed between two pairs of jeans I recently purchased from Frame Denim and Rag & Bone. I've been on the hunt for a pair of the perfect colored gray denims  with no rips and finally found one from my favorite denim line (currently on sale too!). The gray denims I've come across have either been too light or too dark in shade but the color, "dark iron" is the perfect shade. Frame denim is a line that I've recently taken a huge liking to because the fit and material really is amazing and comfortable. I have a feeling I'm going to need to make space in my closet for more pairs of Frame...

4. Sadly took down my Christmas decorations. I can't believe the holidays are done already and that a new year is upon us! Crazy.

5. Dined at newly opened Iron Gate and opted for the 6 course tasting menu. The ambiance of the place is top notch--romantic with a fireplace, dim lighting, cozy and intimate. Unfortunately, I was very underwhelmed with the food. All the dishes were very one note and I can honestly say there was not one dish that stood out. For the price it costs and for the dishes you get, I was disappointed and would pass on this place for dinner. But, I'd be willing to come back again only to try their brunch menu especially when seated in their cute outdoor terrace (heated during the winter).


How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment