This weekend I....
1. Bought a little vase from CB2 Georgetown (on sale now) to use for my bedside table. My table isn't too big for a lot of space so this cute vase was the perfect size. There's something about waking up to a fresh bloom every morning that just brings a smile to your face.
2. Attended two different birthday BBQs for my friend's babies. It's a strange realization when the birthday parties you used to attend have now shifted and they've become birthday parties for their kids.
3. Went to dim sum with a bunch of friends for brunch. If you haven't eaten dim sum before, I highly recommend it. In certain Chinese restaurants, waiters roll around a cart full of ready-to-serve bite sized food (steamed dumplings, Chinese broccoli, pork buns, etc). You have the option to pick and choose what's on the cart while seated at your table.
4. Began reading the ever popular book, Fifty Shades of Grey. It's been on the New York Times bestseller list for quite some time (I think Hollywood is making a movie out of it soon) and have been curious about the hype. It's about a sexual affair that occurs between two very different people that centers around control and exploration of one's desire. Umm yea.
5. After prepping for some upcoming blog posts, my photographer friend and I went out to eat for some good ol' greasy, not very healthy for you burgers and nachos. It was a good way to close the night.
How was your weekend?