This weekend I...
1. Had a craving for my favorite Poutine at Victoria's Gastro Pub. It's a French-Canadian dish of french fries, cheese, and gravy but this restaurant deep fries their french fries in duck fat and adds duck meat as another topping. It is really, really good. The lobster grilled cheese is also a favorite menu item of mine. Nom.
2. Watched Snow White and the Huntsmen. The cinematics were incredible and the acting by Charlize Theron was on point. She played the evil witch perfectly. Kristen Stewart didn't have much lines in this movie which was proabably a good thing. She's improving from her days from Twilight but I still have my reservations on her acting skills. Meh.
3. Went to HoneyPig with friends to indulge in Korean BBQ. Each table in the restaurant has it's own grill so you basically grill the meat at your table with the occasional help from the waitresses. It's my usual go to place for decent Korean bbq for a reasonable price.
4. Shopped for blinds. I have 3 large window panels I need to find shades for and have had a headache of a time looking for blinds. The details in blind shopping are extensive and the prices are expensive. Sigh. I could probably buy a Chanel purse with the price I've been quoted.
5. Ate my favorite Korean summer dessert, paht bing soo (shaved ice). There's a fairly new Korean bakery that opened up in Annandale, VA called Breeze Bakery that has the most amazing shaved ice. I really love gelato so naturally got the gelato shaved ice. The shaved ice is topped with fresh fruits, mochi, condensed milk, and sweet red bean. This is the perfect dessert to have on a hot, summer day.
How was your weekend?