This weekend I….
1. Took a 2 day trip to Philly. The primary reason for going was to check out Morimoto restaurant, owned by Iron Chef Morimoto and decided to optimize that time to explore the city. The first stop was walking around Penns Landing which reminded me of Inner Harbor in Baltimore, MD and Spruce Street Harbor Park. It is a pop up that features a hammock garden and boardwalk.
2. Also checked out the huge LED display of Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Water at the Comcast Center. The wall changes into a video display and Im not sure how often the themes change but currently what is showing is Falling Water. It's a great visual experience and best of all, it's free!
3. Did the Omakase at Morimoto Restaurant. It is an 8 course chefs choice menu which is a mix of cooked and raw dishes. all of which were incredible. My least favorite dish of the night was the lobster dish which was heavenly seasoned with Old Bay. I love Old Bay seasoning but if that's all you can taste on a lobster then that's a problem; however one mediocre dish out of all the other fantastic dishes presented is not enough for me to state that it's not worth the experience. I highly recommend doing the Omakase option. This would fall under my top 5 favorite restaurants. Be aware though that it is pricey so this would be great place to dine for a special occasion.
4. Wanted to check out High Street On Market since Bon Appetit recently ranked it no. 2 as one of the best new restaurants of 2014. I went here for lunch and ordered their popular pastrami sandwich and a side of their artisanal breads which they are known for. The breads were excellent but the sandwich was nothing to rave about. They are generous with thick slices of well seasoned pastrami which is in between thick slices of soft bread with crispy edges but I would not deem it as the best pastrami sandwich I've ever had. However, I would come back to check out their dinner menu.
5. Had some downtime after getting back from the trip and relaxed with the September issue of one of my favorite fashion magazines. This definitely gets me excited for Fall fashion.
How was your weekend?