Wednesday, March 25, 2015

NomNom: Raw Brownies

Raw brownies.

Sounds gross, I know. But it's not--in fact, it's the complete and utter opposite.

Trust.

I made these three times now in the past couple of weeks and every time I make them they are devoured within a couple of days, sometimes two. I can't get over how good these are and that they just have 3 ingredients to them and that baking is not required.

Say what?


I admit I'll roll my eyes at things that are labeled gluten free, vegan, no refined sugar, blah blah blah and ironically this recipe falls under all those labels BUT it is legit good. The texture reminds me of the inside of fig newtons--chewy, sweet, and chocolatey just as brownies should be. 

Go on and try this recipe and let's discuss about how healthy food can actually taste really, really good.

Hope youre having a great week. Xo.


Ingredients (Adapted from Deliciously Ella: Yields 10 brownies)
2 cups of pitted medjool dates 
1 cup of pecans or walnuts
2-3 Tablespoons of raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
2 Tablespoons of maple syrup (optional if you want to make it sweeter but I did not add it)

Procedure
1. Blend pecans or walnuts in food processor until they form crumbly texture then add dates and blend again.

2. Add the cocoa powder and maple syrup if using.

3. Place mixture in baking tray and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or freeze for 1 hour to allow them to set. Keep in fridge for freshness.  

1 comment: