Monday, September 7, 2015

Weekend Snapshots: Life Lately

Hello hello to anyone who is still following along:) It feels a bit strange to be writing a post because it feels like forever (which sounds like a long time) since I last wrote one. In fact, because I haven't logged in since April, it took a couple of attempts to remember my password. Fail.

My apologies for abruptly putting a stop to the blog and not giving any notice about that. Truth be told, I was feeling a bit uninspired and more focused in transitioning into my new job and the new hours (can't believe it's been 6 months already!) which contributed to me being a huge supporter of after work power naps. I also wanted to prioritize more on my personal life so decided to take a long summer hiatus, if you can call it that and told myself that when I start to miss blogging and sharing snippets of my food/fashion life with you I will start again. Those feelings have emerged. All the feels.

The past several months have been all about new adjustments both professionally and personally, newfound relationships with awesome people that have been in my life or entered my life, being more self-aware with how I process situations/people (thanks to training classes via work), checking things off my summer bucket list, and going blonde(!!!) Another big change that occurred was that my sister decided to move from NYC to San Diego a couple of months ago to further her professional growth and if you have been following along with me over the years I would visit her quite often (every 3-4 months or so) in NYC for the past 3 years. With that said, I developed a mental list of my favorite places to eat/shop in the city and let's be honest, the energy in that city is electric like no other. I'm not sure if it's the combination of the people that live there along with the plethora of amazing food places and it also being the fashion mecca, but there is no place in the world like it. More importantly though, was that my sis would be further away which was a huge adjustment since her and I are extremely close. The memories her and I shared during the times I visited her in NYC will always be special. 

San Diego is gorgeous. The weather is the one thing that can't be beat but it's an unusual place to get used to if you're from the east coast. It's such a relaxed environment with a slower placed vibe and the fact that beach is a 20 min drive away is strange to me. However, I am making another trip out there next month to visit her and am looking forward to getting to know the city more. Any suggestions on places to check out are welcome!

Please bear with me as I start to get my feet wet again into posting regularly. Can you believe September is already here? It's a bit daunting to realize how time flies by and heading into a new season makes me feel bittersweet especially because I love summer. But I'm looking forward to what changes are in the horizon for me.

Hope you enjoy the pictures I've collected the past several months up until now.

Have a great week. Xo.

Image via LA Cool & chic
Spring time in NYC where the weather is just starting to warm up is the best. 
From East coast to West coast
Sunset Cliff
Carne Asada french fries are a thing in San Diego. Glorious. 
California love
Stand up paddle boarding. Done and done.
So many burrito/taco places in San Diego. My idea of heaven. 
Picking up fresh blooms at the weekly farmers market that is a 4 min walk from my sister's place.

Selfie at the rose garden in Balboa Park. 
Cheese, charcuterie, drinks, and memorable conversations. These are a few of my favorite things.
Eating my weights worth in peaches this summer. 
Same thing applied to steamed crabs. Old bay seasoning ftw.
Still continuing to eat my way through the DMV area
Blonde ambition
Bidding adieu to the last bits of summer with a seafood boil. Thanks for hosting Mel.
This gets me exited for Fall. Image via LA Cool & Chic


5 comments:

  1. So good to see you posting again! I checked in periodically through the summer, haha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for checking Cathy!! Appreciate that. Hope you had a great summer:)

      Delete
    2. Welcome back! So glad you're blogging again. Can you tell us more about your career change? I am in a mid career crisis I want to pursue my dream job that has nothing to do with my degree and it's scary. I would love to hear about your experience and hopefully it'll be q kick in the pants for me. I am so afraid of failing but I'm afraid ill regret it for the rest of my life if I don't try

      Delete
    3. Thanks Kathy! I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have in terms of career change or give any helpful input. Please feel free to email me:)

      Delete
  2. This post reminds me of our road trip with the little one... great memory! thanks.. Letspackteddy

    ReplyDelete