Thursday, October 20, 2011

NomNom: Rosemary and Garlic Roasted Potatoes

Of all the ladies from the food network, I have to say that Ina Garten of Barefoot Contessa is the one person whose home I would love to be invited over to. She always gives off this warm, pleasant, and welcoming vibe and presents her meals in a way that makes you want to be invited over. It doesn't hurt that she lives in the Hamptons either HA! I came across her rosemary and garlic roasted potatoes recipe a couple nights ago which was actually perfect timing, because for some odd reason I was craving potatoes. The thing is, I never crave potatoes--in fact, I'm very picky when it comes to eating potatoes. For example, I love french fries but dislike baked potatoes. I'll eat mashed potatoes only when I'm in the mood for it (which is rare), but other then that I'll pass the dish right along. Yea, call me strange but that's the way I feel about them. I made this quick and easy dish to satisfy my craving and oh my gosh were they DELICIOUS. The marriage of rosemary and garlic is a union in food heaven but then again any dish which has garlic as one of the star players is always a win.

 I actually added a little more garlic then what the recipe 
called for cuz I have a love affair for garlic.
A little off topic but whenever I type the word potatoes I always have to second guess myself if I spelled it correctly. Am I the only one neurotic like that? No thanks to Dan Quayle. Anyways, back to the recipe. Not only was this a super tasty side dish but the prep time was easy breezy and for that, this dish will most likely be rotating on my dinner menu from now on. Bon appetit!

Recipe (adapted from Barefoot Contessa)
1 1/2 pounds small red or white-skinned potatoes (or a mixture)
1/8 cup good olive oil
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoons minced garlic (3 cloves)<---I added 4 cloves
2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary leaves

Procedure
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut the potatoes in half or quarters and place in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary; toss until the potatoes are well coated.
3. Dump the potatoes on a baking sheet and spread out into 1 layer; roast in the oven for at least 1 hour, or until browned and crisp. Flip twice with a spatula during cooking to ensure even browning.
4. Remove the potatoes from the oven, season to taste, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment