Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Wanderlust: Italy Part Un

I just got back from vacationing in Italy a couple days ago and am still sorting through all the pictures I took. I have so many to share that this will be most likely be divided into several different posts:) I couldn't have asked for a better vacation because the weather was perfect (high reached to upper 80's and the lowest it got was in the 70's). I visited Pisa, Florence and Cinque Terre and each place made a lasting impression on me; however, the most memorable out of the three was Cinque Terre. Cinque, in Italian means "five" and there are five towns along the Italian Riveria (Monterosso, Manarola, Vernazza, Corniglia and Riomaggiore). I rented out an apartment in Manarola and was drawn by the loveliness of this place overlooking the Mediterranean. Similar to the remaining 4 other towns, it is built on cliffs overlooking the sea and in order to get to the other towns you can either hike the connecting paths, take the train or a boat. They are not accessible by car so those are your only options!

I hope you enjoyed some of my travel pics but there's more to come so stay tuned;) "The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." -St.Augustine

No comments:

Post a Comment