Monday, May 20, 2013

Weekend Snapshots



This weekend I....

1. Wanted to keep it super low key so I can fully recover 100% from being sick the past week. I had lots of backed up email that needed to be responded to while I was away and also caught up on some of my favorite blogs.

2. Spent some much needed quality time with my favorite little guy, Mandu, after being away from him for so long while I was on vacation. Those big brown eyes. I mean..

3. Snacked on strawberries all weekend (finished two batches on my own!) while catching up on the latest issues of some of my favorite food magazines to get some recipe inspirations for upcoming meals to cook.

4. Decided to put myself on a serious shopping ban for a month after noticing that I have several unworn new clothes with price tags still attached. If you follow me on Instagram, I posted a pic of an unplanned purchase when I was in Berlin which is also another reason why I shouldn't spend more money. Sigh.

5. Used some of the mint leaves from the mint plant I've been growing for the past couple of months to freeze in ice cubes. I came home from my vacation to a thriving little plant, so I decided to use some of the leaves for future cold drinks. I got this idea from the Rachel Ray magazine: "Steep mint leaves in hot water for  5-7 minutes, then strain and let cool. Place fresh mint leaves in a tray and fill with the strained liquid." Perfect for hot summer days, no?

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Mandu is absolutely adorable!! What a great idea with the mint leaves! Definitely using this :)

    ReplyDelete