This weekend I...
1. Took a trip to NYC to visit my little sister. Since we both have a bit of an unconventional work schedule, our schedules don't always align. But, this holiday weekend we happened to be both off for the long weekend so I decided to visit.
2. Made an unplanned stop by Bouchon Bakery on the first day of exploring the city since it started to rain on and off during the afternoon. The very first time I tried macarons was from Bouchon several years ago and that pretty much set my standards for macarons. This and Maison Lauduree are probably my top favorite macaron places.
3. Went to eat dim sum at my usual go to place in Chinatown, Jing Fong. There's always a wait on the weekends even though the place is HUGE. It's basically an enormous banquet hall where you will most likely share a table with strangers but that's part of the experience. Trust me, the wait is worth it.
4. Finally went to Chinatown Ice Cream Factory. It's been bookmarked for quite awhile now and since we were already in Chinatown to eat dim sum, we stopped by for dessert. I tried the lychee and almond cookie flavor which were absolutely mind blowing. I'm still thinking about the lychee flavor...
5. Walked the Brooklyn bridge for the first time since the weather finally turned around. Gorgeous views of the city--highly recommend.
6. Went to a new ramen place called Ramen Misoya located in East Village. The broth was good and savory but not sure if I would rank this high up on my favorite ramen places. My loyalty still lies with Totto Ramen in NYC;)
How was your weekend?