This weekend I...
1. Made some brown butter brownies w/walnuts using a recipe from Bon Appetit while the boy assembled a new desk chair for me. Since he loves anything chocolate, this home cooked dessert was his reward;)
2. Also made pork dumplings. I will definitely have a recipe post for you on these soon because these are worth making if you love dumplings. This weekend was a rainy one in Washington, DC which usually makes me want to stay in and bake/cook.
3. Took a trip out to Ikea to look at frames, plants, and other random things. I couldn't resist leaving the place w/o eating their famous Swedish meatballs. SO good.
4. Saw the much anticipated and worth seeing movie, The Dark Knight Rises. While waiting in the long line to get into the theatre, I couldn't resist getting some froyo from Pinkberry which was nearby. Regarding the movie though, it's a must see. Lets just put it this way--this is my favorite summer movie I've seen so far.
5. Had an intense craving for sushi so the boy took me to favorite go to sushi place in MD--Yuraku.
How was your weekend?