Monday, August 12, 2013

NomNom: Avocado Spread

Whenever I'm feeling lazy in the kitchen and want to make something quick and simple, I turn to sandwiches. I'm always on the hunt for a good sandwich place (Taylor Gourmet, Jimmy Johns, and Fast Gourmet are my local favorites) but still satisfied with something as simple as a PB & J. I loved it as a kid and still love it as an adult.

My favorite combo when assembling my ideal sandwich usually involves these key players: turkey, bacon, cheese, tomatoes, and avocados. Nom.


Instead of adding buttery sliced avocados into my usual sandwich, I decided to make a spread that could very well be used as a dip for other things such as chicken, fish, chips, veggies, or basically anything your avocado loving heart desires. Thumbs up to using simple ingredients to reap simple rewards.

Have a great Monday. Xo.

Recipe
1 ripe Hass avocado
1/4 cup sour cream
salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoon lime
Dash of cayenne

Procedure
Add avocado, sour cream, lime to a blender to small food processor  and blend until smooth. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne.


No comments:

Post a Comment