Monday, March 3, 2014

Updates





Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've posted here and I want to apologize for the lack of posts in the past month and a half. Life got busy and on top of that I was feeling uninspired. I hear that bloggers go through periods like that so I'm glad to know that it's not just me. I needed to step away for a bit but I'm baaaaaack and excited to share future posts I have planned for you, starting this week. Here's a quick update with what's been going on in the past couple months….


1. Celebrated my birthday along with my not so little baby boy's birthday. That face is everything.

2. Started to get back into running, specifically on interval training. I personally think it's tough (it's new to me) but buying new and super comfortable Nike kicks makes the work out bearable.

3. Have been continuing to check out new restaurants in the DMV area. I've been a bit lazy with taking pics since I knew I wasn't going to post about it but here is one from Water and Wall, a recently opened up restaurant in Virginia worth checking out. The chef also owns the ever popular Maple Ave.

4. Just got back last week from my vacation to Belize. The weather was warm and sunny, did cave  exploration, hiked through jungles, and took a day trip to Guatemala to see the largest Mayan ruins in the world. This trip also got me thinking of getting scuba certified…seeing the marine life was out of this world. I'm talking about snorkeling next to nurse sharks, sting rays, and sea turtles. It was definitely a new snorkeling experience which I loved and makes me wonder what it would be like to scuba dive.

5. Decided to make a proactive decision to start eating a bit more healthy. I have been experimenting with chia seeds, new granola recipes, and a flourless brownie recipes that uses black bean. Crazy, I know but it is so good. Will share soon.

Thanks for being patient with me and I will talk to you soon. Xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment