Monday, March 31, 2014

Weekend Snapshots



This weekend I…

1. Met up with a friend I haven't seen in months to catch up over lunch at Woodward Table. I ordered the frittata with fried oysters and my friend had chicken and waffles for the first time. I wasn't too impressed with my frittata although the fried oysters on top were really good. He ordered the better dish.

2. Got much use of Mandu's raincoat my sister bought him over the rainy and cold weekend. He's such a good boy when it comes to us putting on sweaters and jackets for him;)

3. Did a bit more travel research for my upcoming vacation to Japan. I am beyond excited about this trip because it's been about 10 years since I've been back to Asia. One of my goals this year is to explore Asia more since I've traveled through Europe quite a bit and Japan will be the first country in Asia to travel to this year. Can't.wait.

4. Received my new Eberjey pajama set I ordered earlier last week. I've been eyeing this brand for awhile now but have been hesitant to pull the trigger because it's a bit pricey (to me) for sleepwear--this coming from a person who usually sleeps in boxers and an old t-shirt. I figured it's time to upgrade my pajama wear to something more mature and adult like and finally decided to order this set. Since I'm petite, it can be quite difficult to find PJs that fit in length (both pant legs and sleeves) and haven't seen anything on my radar other than this set. The material is so soft and the fit is perfect (not too tight yet flattering). No regrets.

5. Had dinner with Mel at To Sok Jip, one of my favorite Korean restaurants in Virginia. I had a craving for BoSsam (boiled pork belly where you wrap it in cabbage leaves, accompanied by kimchi and raw garlic/peppers) and this place does it just right. My only problem with this place is that the service isn't that great but if you want really good, traditional Korean dishes done right, I highly recommend this place.


How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment