This weekend I...
1. Took a 2 day brief getaway with the boy to Delaware (Rehoboth beach) since we haven't been to the beach once this summer. We both happened to have a 4 day weekend so it was the perfect excuse to escape. The weather was perfect (hot and sunny) and we basically indulged in food, shopping, and relaxation. He is a french fries lover but being from the west coast, he never had Thrasher's french fries and it's sorta a must eat place if you're in the Maryland/Delaware beach area. They're hand cut fries that are fried in peanut oil with the perfect amount of crispiness. The only way to eat them is to sprinkle them with salt and douse them with apple cider vinegar. No ketchup is served at Thrasher's but once you take a bite of the fries, none will be needed.
2. Wanted to eat seafood only meals while at the beach so he looked up a couple of places nearby that received good reviews. While waiting for a table at a restaurant, we wandered to the bar area since it was happy hour and actually ended up staying there ordering food from the happy hour menu because it was so good. The fried oysters and fresh shrimp was divine.
3. Went shopping to the outlets. It required 2 days for us to scour most of the stores and surprisingly enough he ended up buying more things then me. I found some great stuff at J.Crew and was content with my purchases=)
4. Ate at an amazing seafood restaurant called Henlopen City Oyster House. I was craving good fish so the boy found another restaurant that received stellar reviews on their seafood. I ordered a perfectly cooked, flaky Tilefish and he ordered their meaty crabcake sandwich and both dishes were outstanding. We both agreed I had the better dish though.
5. Visited a winery near the beach. We both enjoy going to wineries so he planned for us to squeeze in some tasting time at the winery. We were both so impressed at the wines we tasted (12 total) that we ended up buying several bottles to take home with us.
6. Took out some out of town guests to eat at our favorite Szechuan restaurant in Maryland. The boy's college friend was visiting from Pittsburg over the weekend and we got back to town just in time to have dinner with them. They wanted to eat at a good Chinese restaurant since it's non existent in the area they live, so we took them to Sichuan Jin River. It's located in Rockville, MD and it has easily become my favorite Chinese restaurant. Szechuan style of Chinese cuisine incorporates spice to a lot of their dishes which probably has a bit of an influence as to why I love it so much;)
How was your weekend?