Monday, January 14, 2013

Weekend Snapshots



This weekend I....

1. Took my friend to one of my favorite sandwich shops, Fast Gourmet. It's located inside a gas station but it's not what you think. They operate their business inside a gas station but its a legit food establishment and from what I read, they are expanding their business soon to another location in Washington, DC. I ordered their artery clogging yet deliciousness of a sandwich called the Chivito which consists of steak, ham, olives, mozzarella cheese, hard boiled eggs, and bacon. Oh my gosh, and those fries. Perfectly crisp. Oh and ask for their house sauce--it reminds me of a spicy pesto. I use it as a dipping sauce for the fries and to add on my sandwich. It's highly addicting.

2. Dived right into the new February issues of some of my favorite magazines. I've realized that I've sort of become a magazine hoarder.

3. Painted my nails with a new color and somewhat finalized my food list for my housewarming next weekend. Embarrassingly enough, I haven't had an official one yet, even after a year later since I bought my place. But timing and being satisfied with the decor was always the main issue for the party planning and next weekend seemed to be the best time. I also found out that my sister and my friend who lives in Arizona will be visiting next weekend and both of them will be attending! This is my first time hosting a large group at my place, so it should be fun. Note to self: don't stress.

4. I made fish tacos, using Martha Stewart's recipe. I first made this a couple of weeks ago and fell in love with it so I had to make it again. It's so hard to find a good place that makes fish tacos in this area and now I no longer have to search for a place because I'll just make it myself. Recipe coming atcha soon.

5. Bought a couple of DVDs to add to my very sparse collection. I finally bought a blu ray DVD player on Black Friday and actually have been without one since I bought my place. Yea yea, I know. I'm not really one of those type of people that watch movies at home but I figured that since I have a 55 inch flat screen, I should optimize that use. I watched Pitch Perfect over the holidays with my sister and was initially skeptical about the movie, but after watching it, I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. Great cast and very funny writing. Taken is also a movie I really enjoyed watching from back in the day so that was an obvious purchase.

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. I love the weekend in pictures! I have got to try that sandwich shop! Why do my nails never look that neat when I attempt to paint them?

    -Karen
    www.yourstylistkaren.com

    ReplyDelete