Monday, January 21, 2013

Weekend Snapshots


This weekend I....

1. Went out to eat with my family at Maggianos (my parent's love that place) because it's been awhile since we've all got together. My sister was in town this weekend from NYC which made it all the more sense.

2. Picked up some flowers for my housewarming. I couldn't decide on what kind to get and ended up with these beautiful tulips. I added a black/white polka dot ribbon around the vase to finish the look.

3. Finally hosted my housewarming. The party's been over due but nonetheless celebrated the occasion with a bunch of my good friends. The food turned out wonderfully (from what I hear) and everyone seemed to have a great time. There were lots of beer and plenty of wine that was served and the last set of guests didn't end up leaving until midnight. I'd say it was a success;)

4. Had a mini candy corner at the housewarming and one of the items I made was chocolate covered bacon. It was only a matter of time this was gonna happen in my kitchen and this weekend was that time. A definite hit at the party.

5. Was so tired after hosting the housewarming and was relieved that date night was planned the day after because I was in no mood to cook after the party. I decided to wear my new chevron and sequin top I bought from J.Crew a month ago to dine at Fiola da Fabio Trabocchi in Washington, DC. Though it was our first time there, we were so impressed by the food, service and decor of the place. After reading food reviews on the place, people highly suggested ordering the Ahi tuna carpaccio as an appetizer, and order away we did. Oh man, it was melt in your mouth delicious...I mean, I'm still thinking about it today. Our entree consisted of a warm and creamy Parpadelle of Polenta (wild boar bolognese) and a beautifully plated and heavenly tasting Tortelloni of Duck Confit. I'll end my quick review like this: Fiola has now been nominated as my new favorite Italian restaurant in Washington, DC. Major nom.

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Yay for a house warming party! I always love to visit friends and see what they have done with their places after they just moved.

    ReplyDelete