Monday, July 1, 2013

Weekend Snapshots


This weekend I....

1. Went to go visit my grandma, but not with out stopping by to pick up flowers for her first.

2. Tried Chasin' Tails in Arlington, VA for the first time. The first time I had crawfish was in Las Vegas several years ago at Hot n' Juicy and wasn't that impressed (they opened a location in DC) with the crawfish/flavors...I dunno. So much work for such little reward from those critters. The place wasn't bad but it wasn't mind blowing either so I never bothered checking out their place in DC. But, I was curious about Chasin' Tails since it's been consistently getting good reviews and am really happy I did. We ordered 1 lb each of the crawfish and shrimp which came in a steamed bag with corn and potatoes. What impressed me was the sauce smothered and marinated on the crawfish and shrimp. Oh my Lord. There are 3 flavors you can choose from (cajun, lemon-pepper, and garlic-butter) or you can choose to get the whole "shebang" which is a mix of all 3 sauces. Trust me on this--get the whole shebang. I was so happy there was leftover sauce in the bag for the sausages we ordered later to be dipped in. I will be coming back again. Soon.

3. Placed some orders from Shobop earlier last week when they were having an extra 25% sale items and the items finally arrived over the weekend. One of the purchases was this Maison Martin Margiela ring set which I've been wearing nonstop since getting it.

4. Have been experimenting with watermelon recipes. One of the recipes that's been a huge hit in my kitchen is a watermelon mint salad. It's so easy to make that I'm almost embarrassed to call it a recipe but I'll still share the recipe on the blog this week because sharing is caring.

5. Discovered a cute little wine bar in Bethesda, MD called Vino Volo. I met up with a friend to catch up on life over vino/cheese/charcuterie which is pretty much my happy place.

How was your weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment