This weekend I…
1. Have been snacking on juicy, sweet, ripe yellow peaches non stop. Earlier in the week I went peach picking at Larriland Farm in Maryland and picked a total of 87 lbs of peaches. We went a bit overboard but so far peach consumption hasn't been an issue;)
2. Dined at Volt restaurant. It was a spontaneous dinner decision to dine there so we were lucky to get seated right away with out reservations (arrived when the restaurant opened at 5:30pm). After looking over the menu, we decided to do the tasting menu which consisted of 6 courses per person. Overall review of this place is that I felt like there were more misses than hits from what was presented. The flavors were mediocre and unimpressive and considering there were only 6 dishes coming out for each person, we didn't finish the meal until 9:30pm which makes no sense to me. Let's put it this way--I had a congee dish that came out and I've had better at my usual dim sum place. Points for presentation though. This restaurant is a pass for me.
3. Went to my first Nationals baseball game. It was the perfect weather for watching baseball with amazing seats and on top of that, they won! Woot!
4. Grilled. Again. Savoring summer.
5. Went to watch Cirque Du Soleil's 'Amaluna' show at the National Harbor. The story is loosely based off Shakespeare's "The Tempest" and like all the other Cirque shows, it was definitely enjoyable to watch. Was it the best Cirque show I've seen? Ehhhh.
How was your weekend?