Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Summer Rain+Cropped Tweed

Photos courtesy of Sung Shin

Tweed jacket-Ann Taylor
Striped shirt, belt-J.Crew
Boyfriend jeans-American Eagle
Shoes-Chanel
Necklace-Sequins (Neiman Marcus)
Sunglasses-H&M (recent)

One of the challenges a blogger faces is dealing with weather. This outfit post was definitely not planned to be shot in the rain but as soon as I was having these pics taken, it started to drizzle! My initial instinct was to run indoors but I knew my friend and I were on a time crunch so I told him to just get camera happy and snap quickly and we'll just make do with what we get. After looking at the photos on the computer, we were both very pleased on how it turned out--kinda cool, huh? 

I love tweed and have mentioned before in my past outfit posts that a timeless piece such as a tweed jacket should be in every woman's closet. I recently purchased this lightweight tweed jacket in store from Ann Taylor (still on sale online but cheaper in-store) and was attracted to the bright coral color and the material. The material is not very thick, which means it's meant to be worn during spring/summer and the cropped cut of the jacket is perfect to be worn over a summer sheath dress if you want to cover your arms or can be worn casually with jeans, as shown today. Tweed jackets are versatile enough to elevate a simple tee and jeans outfit into something a bit more chic.

Readers, how do you wear tweed during the summer?

1 comment:

  1. Great shots! The rain droplets make for such a cool photo. =)

    ReplyDelete