Monday, August 13, 2012

Weekend Snapshots



This weekend I...

1. Had brunch at Cheesestique in Old Town Alexandria. It's a cute little cheese/wine shop where you can do wine tasting and dine in. I have definite plans to come back.

2. Discovered the best chocolate chip cookie recipe. I've gone through several recipes over the years but this one tops it off. It was my first time using chocolate chunks instead of chocolate chips and I think that made a big difference.Will share the recipe soon.

3. Came across an amazing deal on these J Brand jeans for $41 at Last Call Neiman Marcus (the outlet). I've been wearing them non stop over the weekend and the color is so easy to pair with--it's also a great color to segway into the fall season.

4. Visited Barrel Oak Winery for the first time. I was initially attracted to this place after reading about it in Washingtonian magazine because it was a dog friendly winery. I packed some food and we ended up spending the evening here. It's a beautiful winery that has lots of outdoor seating with an amazing setting. This is another place I'd come back to.

5. Checked off another thing of my "shopping list" which is bunched up strands of pearls. I've been on the search for a necklace like the one I bought and surprisingly found it at the J.Crew outlet. I love finding things I want in unexpected places.

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment