Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Green and Black

Photos courtesy of Sung Shin

Shirt-American Apparel
Skirt-H&M
Anorak trench-Ali Ro
Shoes-Sam Edelman
Clutch-Chanel
Necklace-Alexis Bittar
Rings-David Yurman
Bracelet-Mango, Neiman Marcus
Sunglasses-Stella McCartney 

Hi everyone! One of my staple pieces for fall is the classic trench. I bought this Anorak trench over the spring and it has been my go- to coat as of late. I wanted to wear it over strong colors such as green and black and to keep it consistent with the colors of the trench. I love that the pop of color comes from the beautiful green color of the skirt.

With the new fall season upon us, I've been meaning to do something with my hair. I've been loving the ombre looks that's been circulating the web and was contemplating if I should take the plunge. Right before my trip to Portugal, I received a personal invitation to Frizzles Hair Salon's Fall Fete. They were celebrating their nomination from the DMV's popular radio station, HOT 99.5 as being one of the top salons in the DMV area and wanted to invited me to join in on the celebration. They offered me complimentary hair and color services and asked if that was something I'd be interested in and I took that as a sign that I should finally take the plunge;) It was a great afternoon that consisted of sangria, giveaways, catered Greek food, and delicious cake pops from Kylie's Pop Shop.

Barbara was my assigned colorist for the day and I can't begin to tell you how wonderful and thorough she was with my hair. I expressed my concerns on how I didn't want my locks to be too light and that I wanted more of a subtle ombre look. She suggested colors to me and listened to what I had to say and voila, here is the end result! I couldn't be more happier. Thank you SO much to the Frizzles team for extending your salon to me and your kindness that day. 

It's amazing how blogging has opened up opportunities and friendships along the way that I never would've imagined. I'm always so grateful for the support of you readers who visit this blog everyday--thank you. 

Wishing you a great rest of the week. Xo.




No comments:

Post a Comment