This weekend I...
1. Made an unexpected purchase at the David Yurman Sample Sale that occurred in NYC. I told my sis (who lives in NYC) to check out the sale that started from Thursday-Sunday to see if there was anything worth buying for the price point. She bought a watch for herself and I bought the matching stone pendant to the ring that I own! Prices were 30-50% off the original price which is awesome because David Yurman doesn't go on sale. Score.
2. Met up with a friend at Matchbox Pizza. She's never been so I wanted to take her and treat her to dinner since she got the bill last time we met. I recently met her this past year and the last time we met for dinner was about two months ago, so our catch up session lasted 4.5 hours. Don't you love those type of conversations that lasts for several hours yet doesn't seem like it until you notice the clock? After hearing about the bad week I was having last week, she snatched the bill and paid for our meal. Her reason? "This is on me--you had a bad week. My treat." I tried to dispute her reason but she wouldn't have it. This act of kindness reconfirms my initial good feelings about her and makes a lasting impression on me. I also gotta learn how to be faster at getting that bill first when dining with her.
3. Read through food magazines to get some ideas on dinner recipes for next week. I invited a couple of girlfriends over for a dinner get together and wanted to get a head start on things to cook that night.
4. Cared for my sick doggy. Mandu had to be taken to the vet because he kept throwing up throughout the day. Thank God he is better now---seeing the little guy sick and miserable really broke my heart.
5. Signed up for a vegetable cooking class at Williams Sonoma. I'm not that big on vegetables (I eat it because I know it's healthy, not because I love it) so I wanted to learn more on that area. The class talked about ways to roast/cook vegetables such as seasonal produce like squash. The cook also made an amazing tasting portobello mushroom grilled panini that blew my mind. I never/make a veggie sandwich but this is one I will definitely be recreating.
How was your weekend?