Monday, October 29, 2012

Weekend Snapshots


This weekend I...

1. Saw this "29 Ways to Stay Creative" image floating around the web and decided to print it and put it on my mini inspirational board as a reminder. It's a great note to oneself.

2. Checked out Northside Social Coffee & Wine in Arlington, VA. My friend brought me there since I've been meaning to check it out and were nearby so we noshed on some artisanal cheese, mixed nuts, wine, and coffee. I will definitely be going back when in need of a great cup of jo and because the atmosphere is so cozy.

3. Had some major help from my awesome photographer friend with hanging up a painting that's been sitting on the floor for the past month (partly due to laziness). So happy that wall doesn't look so bare anymore. Thanks so much, Sung=)

4. Stocked up on some Halloween candy for possible trick o' treaters on Wednesday. Since I knew one of my friends would be coming over, who happens to love candy corn, I bought it for her to she could nibble on it while I was prepping for dinner.

5. Hosted a little dinner party for some of my good girlfriends. It's been awhile since I've seen them due to scheduling conflicts, so I invited them over my home for diner. It also gave me a good excuse to finally use the napkin holders I bought from Zara Home while in Portugal;) For the centerpiece, I filled a vase I already had with scented cones. I wanted to give off a no fuss, Fall-like, cozy atmosphere and the candles, along with the votive I bought from Ikea finished off the look. It was a great time of enjoying eating together while catching up with good friends. My kind of evening.

6. Went terrarium plant shopping for the home and came out with three of the cutest cactuses (not pictured). I'll post it once I find a glass bell jar to make the terrarium.

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment