This weekend I...
1. Sent out a card to a friend the old fashioned way before email became so prevalent. There's something about sending and receiving snail mail that is so honest, no?
2. Put together a small care package to bring to my sister in NYC. I didn't have time to make any baked goods so gathered some of her favorite snacks along with new nail polish, naturally. My love for nail polish is slowly influencing her as well;)
3. Enjoyed walking around NYC with my friend, sis, and Mandu in the perfect Fall weather. The weather for the next couple of days is going to stay in the mid 60's with plenty of sunshine which works for me since I'll be here until tomorrow.
4. Wanted to check out Bleeker Street Pizza after reading many, many reviews stating that it's the best pizza in NYC by the NY Times and Jimmy Kimmel. I'm always curious to try food establishments that are labeled with such a bold statement and then try to formulate my own opinion with out being swayed. I'm going to have say though, that I wholeheartedly agree with the raving reviews. We each had a slice of the the Nonna, mushroom pizza and Sicilian. Each bite gives you the most wonderful crisp sound and the sauces on the pizza were SO flavorful. Each slice is about $3.25-$3.50 which is expensive for a slice but hey, it's NYC.
5. Stopped by the C.Wonder store. I know that there's a store coming to the Tysons Corner Mall in Virginia soon so I wanted to see what it was all about since they claim to be a home decor, accessories, and clothing store. The store is bright and colorful with lots of cute home decor items and accessories. In terms of the clothing selection, I wasn't that impressed, only because the quality of the material seemed a bit cheap with the price point being expensive for what you're buying. The set up reminds me of Tory Burch but you can think of it as the more affordable version of it. I ended up buying a cute display plate for myself and my friend bought one for my sis (as a belated housewarming gift) to use for our everyday jewelery.
6. Tried Totto Ramen for the first time. When it comes to ramen in NYC, I always go to the ever popular Ippudo but this time we wanted to try somewhere else. The wait was nearly 2 hours since they don't have a wait list and the place is super small, but we're so glad we waited because I think the ramen is much better then Ippudo. When it comes to ramen, the broth is the key player and Totto Ramen uses chicken broth which makes my heart sing. We also ordered the pork buns, which was delicious but the pork buns from Ippudo really are number one in my book. So moral of the story? Go to Ippudo for the pork buns and Totto Ramen for ramen.
7. Stopped by Stumptown Coffee to introduce my friend to the awesomeness of this java joint and he also agreed that it was the best coffee he's had. I'm telling you, this place has become my favorite coffee place and my coffee beans now come from this store.
How was your weekend?