Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Leather Love

Photos courtesy of Sung Shin

Chambray shirt-Old Navy
Sweater-Loft
Leather pants-United Colors of Benetton
Shoes-Same Edelman
Purse-Chanel WOC
Cuff-Hermes
Sunglasses-Stella McCartney

Hi everyone! I am back from a fun and interesting time in NYC and sluggishly heading back to work today. On my last day in NYC yesterday, I ventured out to the YSL sample sale and stood in line for 6 hours. When I arrived at 8:45am (doors opened at 9am), the line was wrapped around 34th street (bldg was on 33rd) and down 9th Ave. It was insane. 


You're probably thinking I'm crazy because that's what I'm thinking too but after standing for a couple hours, you start to think, "I can stand for a little more." But then that little more turns into a lot more. Ugh. That was my first time standing at a sample sale for that long and I've been to several in the past so it was a definite experience. I came out with an arty ring and a clutch so I'm pretty happy with the purchases. I wasn't impressed with the shoe selection, RTW, or the bags though I saw many, many girls walking out with shopping bags filled with shoes/bags. It's still going on until tomorrow so if interested, the sample sale is located at the Soiffer Haskin, 317 W. 33rd St. (near 8th Ave.)  

Ok so let's talk about today's outfit post. I mentioned a couple of posts back that I love everything leather this season and was on the hunt for leather pants while I was in Portugal. I found these pants at United Colors of Benetton and have been pairing them lately with lots of knits and button downs.

Leather can be tricky if worn wrong because it has a tough look to it which can easily translate to biker chick, which isn't exactly the look I normally gravitate towards. I wanted to pair it down with a conservative top to soften the look against the leather. I have another pairing coming up with these leather pants which completely transforms the look into something completely chic.

Are you getting into the leather trend? 


No comments:

Post a Comment