This weekend I....
1. Was invited to a brunch at Chef Geoffs which was organized by Fairfax Square located in Mclean, Virginia. It was great to see familiar and new (to me) bloggers I've never met in this area as well as meeting the store directors of Hermes, Tiffany & Co, Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa and fashion magazine editors in the DMV area. Though we were spoiled with a delicious lunch and gift bags from the stores, it was just fun getting to know the group in an intimate setting. Special thanks to Tonie for organizing this lunch and for being so gracious and lovely.
2. Brought out my new Celine bag. She was purchased in Germany (and also a reason why I put myself on a month long shopping ban) and was pretty much worn all weekend:)
3. Finally watched Iron Man 3. I'm a huge fan of this movie series and was bummed to find out it was coming out around the same time I left for Germany, but I finally got the chance to watch it this past Friday. The movie didn't disappoint.
4. Decided to commit to Bikram Yoga. I started to try it out a month ago after purchasing a deal from Groupon which included 10 sessions because I wanted to see if it would help with my back pains. I honestly went in with no expectations, especially because I've tried regular yoga before in the past and was really bored during the classes. All I can say is that I'm completely surprised to see how much of a positive effect Bikram has been on my back. There's been no more muscle pain whatsoever ever since I started practicing Bikram. Seriously. I've also had no desire for soda which is a huge thing for me because I used to drink a can of Coke Zero 3-4 times a week. That's definitely been an unexpected added bonus.
5. Bought a blender. I know. I'm late to the game. The thing is, I've never really needed one because I have a food processor and don't drink smoothies on the regular. Until recently. I'm not sure if it's the Bikram, but I've been wanting to eat more healthy...as in eat more fruit/veggies and drink more milk which are two things I don't do very often. I've recently taken a liking to almond milk and I've been on a strawberry kick so I decided to buy a reasonably priced blender and see how much I actually utilize it. If I use it frequently, I will probably invest in a Vitamix which is the mother of all blenders. My mom has had one for several years and still raves about it to this day.
How was your weekend?