Monday, June 24, 2013

Weekend Snapshots



This weekend I....

1.  Ordered these Valentino shoes that my mom's been eyeing for awhile now but couldn't find in her size anymore. I have a Nordstrom SA in NC who's kind of awesome and he emailed me to let me know he had one pair left, which happened to be in her sz, in the exact color she wanted, AND it was on major sale (org $400, sale $150). He quickly shipped it my condo so it could arrive over the weekend and needless to say, my mom was ecstatic. I've mentioned this before, but building relationships with (great) SAs is SO helpful.

2. Finally checked out my rooftop pool. Kicking off the first day of summer by relaxing by the pool was just what I needed after a busy week at work. 

3. Had a craving for Mexican food after shooting upcoming outfit posts with my photographer friend so we went to Cactus Cantina in Washington, DC. We wanted to sit outside because the weather was perfect for al fresco dining and assumed there would be a long wait, seeing that everyone had the same idea. Fortunately, we got lucky and was seated immediately because a table for two was available as soon as we arrived. I ordered the fish tacos which were good but not mind blowing. I was more impressed with their frozen margarita and complimentary chips and salsa...we definitely asked for a second helping of the salsa. 

4. Stopped by J.Crew to do a return and also bought this necklace, thanks to a sales alert from Kelly of Alterations Needed. It's currently on sale for $79.99 with an extra 25% off. On another note, I've been experimenting with green smoothie recipes recently and found one that I absolutely love which involves spinach, bananas, strawberries, almond milk, greek yogurt, and ice. So far, I've convinced several friends and my parents (after they all tasted the deliciousness of it) to incorporate it into their eating habits. Who would've thought that I would turn into that girl who drinks green smoothies and practices bikram yoga? Yeaaaa. 

5. Invited one of my besties over for Sunday dinner. I made slow cooker Indian chicken stew which not only tasted amazing but made my place smell so good (recipe coming soon). We decided to eat outdoors on my patio and caught up on each other's lives over several glasses of vino. Good times.

How was your weekend?

2 comments:

  1. So glad you found the J.Crew necklace! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh please share the Indian slow cooker recipe! I've had a slow cooker in the box for ages. I haven't really felt inspired to tinker with it.

    ReplyDelete