Monday, September 23, 2013

Weekend Snapshots



This weekend I.....

1. Dined at Nostos, a Greek restaurant in Vienna, VA. It was my time eating here and was completely blown away by this hidden gem. From the food, ambiance, and warm and welcoming staff, this restaurant is definitely a happy discovery. Some of the stand out dishes that night we ordered were the htapodi (grilled octopus), paidakia (lamp chops), and melitzana fournou (baked layer eggplant w/ feta, tomatoes, mint and parsley). I'm still thinking about the perfectly grilled octopus...

2. Received my online order of this moto jacket. I've been on the hunt for a reasonably priced one and this one from Cusp NM fit the bill. It has a metallic sheen to it which ups the cool factor. 

3. Started reading a new book from J.K Rowling. She wrote this crime fiction novel under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith and since I'm a fan of her writing from the Harry Potter days I'm curious to see how she branches away from fantasy writing. 

4. Finally received this necklace I ordered about a month ago that's been on back order. It finally got restocked and was delivered over the weekend. I've aways been a fan of statement necklaces and this pearl cluster necklace from Kenneth Jay Lane is a perfect addition to my jewelry collection. 

5. Went to eat at a hole in the wall, off the beaten path, Bolivian restaurant in Arlington, VA with a friend who highly recommended this place to me. It's called Perla del Valle and they only serve Bolivian cuisine on the weekends. Since this was my first time eating Bolivian food, I was asking our server about the dishes and she explained to me that all of them would have some sort of bean, rice, or potatoes which are traditional Bolivian staples. I ordered the Silpancho which is breaded beef (reminds me of a schnitzel) over a bed of rice and potatoes, topped with two fried eggs and pico de gallo. The beef was incredibly juicy and flavorful considering it was breaded and when you mix it with the buttery rice and runny eggs...OH MY WORD. Solid. And I finished my plate. Boom. 


How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment