Friday, November 4, 2011

NomNom: Creamy Broccoli Soup

As the temperature starts to drops even more, I yearn for hearty and delicious soups to warm me up. One of my favorites is creamy broccoli soup. I love the creamy yet slight gritty texture of this soup and well when you top it off with cheese and watch it melt into the soup...well, it's game over. An ideal and simple meal for me during cold days would be a delicious sandwich with a bowl of soup, but my tummy would still be content with just this soup alone. Because this soup is meatless, I see this as a great way of incooperating vegetables into my usual meat filled diet. Maybe one of my new years resolution will be to eat more vegetables. Wait, what?

Do you have a favorite soup?

Have a splendid weekend and thanks for stopping by:)

Recipe (adapted from All Recipes)
2 1/2 cups of fresh broccoli
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup shredded cheese (optional)
1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
salt and pepper to taste

Procedure 
1. Bring broth to a boil. Add broccoli and onion. Cook for five minutes, or until broccoli is tender. 
2. In a separate bowl, slowly add milk to flour, and mix until well blended. 
3. Stir flour mixture into broth mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until soup is thick and bubbly. Add cheese if desired; stir until melted. Add seasonings and sprinkle with more cheese if desired, and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment