This weekend I...
1. Stopped by Panera Bread in the morning to grab some coffee and was told I had a free pastry waiting to be claimed! If you ever eat at Panera, make sure you sign up for their My Panera card which basically racks up point every time you purchase something. I rarely go often so I was surprised I had enough points for a free pastry. Score.
2. Dined at Kushi (again). What can I say, I love that place. Pork belly ftw.
3. Bought the latest issue of Test Kitchen and went post it crazy with so many appealing recipes I want to make soon. I recently made a Filipino adobo chicken dish from that magazine and it tasted SO DELICIOUS. In face, the boy requested if I could make it again next weekend so hopefully I will have my camera ready to share with you guys.
4. Bought a new nail polish because the color reminded me of Spring. It's a beautiful coral color from Revlon called "Marmalade" and I coated it with Essie's "Set in stones." I also bought a blemish balm (BB) cream from Garnier. For those of you not familiar with BB creams, it's a hugely popular in Asia and the US is starting to pick up on the rage. Sephora explains it as "One of Asia's biggest beauty sensations, B.B. cream—short for "blemish balm" or "beauty balm"—is truly an all-in-one skincare wonder. Their lightweight, multitasking formulas provide SPF sunscreen protection and work to moisturize, conceal, and treat skin in just one simple step. The silky, tinted lotions effortlessly blend with your natural tone, minimize the need for concealer and foundation, camouflage lines and imperfections, and serve as a skin-perfecting primer." I've tried a sample from Clinique's and had lukewarm feelings towards it so I wanted to try Garnier's version since it's also much cheaper. I believe Dr. Jart+, Bosica, and Two Faced are the other companies getting on the BB cream rage.
5. Wore a recently bought necklace from Neiman Marcus this weekend. Love the rose gold against gold.
How was your weekend?