This weekend I...
1. Watched the much anticipated movie, Hunger Games. In my opinion movies are never as good as the books, but this was very well done. It was over 2 hours long but the time goes unnoticed because the movie kept you in constant suspense. The main actress, Jennifer Lawrence did an amazing job playing Katniss--she makes you want to cheer for her.
2. Stopped by Jimmy Johns to grab a quick bite to eat. This sandwich shop has the most delicious in-house baked bread. I'm glad there are more Jimmy Johns popping up around the DMV area.
3. Cooked a dish using a recipe from Real Simple magazine. It was "linguine with shrimp, artichokes, and crispy bread crumbs." Quick and tasty--what's not to love? I just love reading through magazines and finding recipes that I didn't expect to see in a non related food magazine.
4. Stopped by the drugstore to pick up some toiletries for my upcoming trip to the Bahamas later this week. I am so, so looking forward to this vacation because it's been a bit stressful the past couple weeks and doing nothing but lounging on the beach, eating, sunbathing, and basically being a lazy bum is just what I need right about now.
5. Went rug shopping for my place. I saw a potential one I liked but after measuring how much coverage I want the rug to have, it might be a bit too big. Call me picky, but why is rug shopping such a difficult task?
How was your weekend?