Monday, March 26, 2012

Weekend Snapshots



This weekend I...

1. Watched the much anticipated movie, Hunger Games. In my opinion movies are never as good as the books, but this was very well done. It was over 2 hours long but the time goes unnoticed because the movie kept you in constant suspense. The main actress, Jennifer Lawrence did an amazing job playing Katniss--she makes you want to cheer for her.

2. Stopped by Jimmy Johns to grab a quick bite to eat. This sandwich shop has the most delicious in-house baked bread. I'm glad there are more Jimmy Johns popping up around the DMV area.

3. Cooked a dish using a recipe from Real Simple magazine. It was "linguine with shrimp, artichokes, and crispy bread crumbs." Quick and tasty--what's not to love? I just love reading through magazines and finding recipes that I didn't expect to see in a non related food magazine.

4. Stopped by the drugstore to pick up some toiletries for my upcoming trip to the Bahamas later this week. I am so, so looking forward to this vacation because it's been a bit stressful the past couple weeks and doing nothing but lounging on the beach, eating, sunbathing, and basically being a lazy bum is just what I need right about now.

5. Went rug shopping for my place. I saw a potential one I liked but after measuring how much coverage I want the rug to have, it might be a bit too big. Call me picky, but why is rug shopping such a difficult task?

How was your weekend?

4 comments:

  1. I went to see the Hunger Games yesterday and I have not read the books. I really enjoyed it and now I'll probably read all three books now because I want to know what happens next.
    I totally agree that rug shopping is a headache. I've been on the hunt for a runner to put in my kitchen and it has been a pain. Let's not talk about finding a suitable replacement for my living room. I just want a good quality rug at a reasonable price in a pretty print. All of the ones I like are way too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "A good quality rug at a reasonable price in pretty print" is exactly what I'm struggling with! And so the search continues. Good luck!

      Delete
  2. Have you gone to West Elm to see their rugs? I have a couple of them and I really love the quality and design.
    I went to see the Hunger Games after a friend texted me that she had an extra ticket. I never read the books but I figure why not? I enjoyed it and it was fun to watch it with friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have! I liked the prints on the ones I saw at West Elm but the colors didn't coincide with the color scheme I want for my curtains. It's so hard to match those two things--decorating a home is a definitely a work in progress...

      Delete