Friday, February 1, 2013

NomNom: Pesto Dip with Parmesan Toast

Happy happy Friday everyone! Not only am I excited that today is Friday but more importantly, I am officially on vacation starting today. I leave for Costa Rica tomorrow and can't wait to escape the bitter cold and temperamental east coast temperatures and travel to somewhere new, warm, and sunny.

I wanted to share today's super simple recipe with you before I left because it was popular during my housewarming I hosted a couple of weeks ago and think that it could be of use to you, especially since Superbowl is this weekend.


I think the only "work" that was really required in this recipe was toasting the baguette slices and melting parmesan cheese on top of the bread pieces in the oven. I'm not kidding on how easy this is....I mean, there's only two steps that are involved in the recipe. Fact.

I love pesto on pretty much anything but spreading it on a warm toasted baguette is something else. I've noticed that when there's a dip involved at a party, people will dig in (assuming it tastes good). It's just one of those things that guests naturally gravitate towards and once they take a bite of this dip, they won't want to leave the bowl.

My friend Sung briefly snapped a couple of pictures from the party that night. He was able to get a shot of the food spread before the guests came over to devour it.

 Sparkles are necessary when hosting, no?
 
I'm starting to notice a trend where the few pictures he took are only of female guests. Hmmm....

Mandu was pretty much partied out by the end of the night.


My blog will be on vacation until I get back in about 10 days; however, I just made my Instagram account public to document and share my Costa Rica adventures on it. So, in the meantime follow me over on Instagram @NomNomBlingBling:)

Have a great weekend and I'll talk to you when I get back. Xo.


Ingredients (Adapted from Tate of Home magazine:Appetizers) Yields 20 servings (2 1/2 cups dip)
1 French baguette (10 1/2 ounces), cut into 1/4-inch slices
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
2 cups mayonnaise
1 jar (8.1 ounce) prepared pesto
1 teaspoon garlic powder

Procedure
1. Place baguette slices on greased baking sheets. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Turn slices over; sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese, Broil 1 to 1 1/2 minute longer or until lightly browned.

2. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pesto, garlic powder and remaining cheese. Serve with toast slices.

1 comment:

  1. lol - that mandu.. have a safe trip tomorrow!! can't wait to see pics! =D

    ReplyDelete