Friday, February 22, 2013

Tough Lady

Photos courtesy of Sung Shin

Tweed jacket-J.Crew (buy HERE)
Turtleneck-Gap (buy HERE)
Leather (faux) shorts-F21
Shoes-Pour La Victoire (buy HERE)
Necklace-Chanel
Bracelets-David Yurman (buy HERE and HERE)
Ring-Alexis Bittar (buy HERE) 

Tweed jackets are one of my favorite items in my closet. It's a staple piece that can elevate an ouftit and easily turn it into a classic look. I wanted to play with different textures today so I paired this feminine jacket with something tough and edgy on the bottom, such as leather shorts. I'm a fan of contrast whether it be pairing formal with informal or downplaying a fancy top with something casual on the bottom or vice versa and today's outfit is inspired by that.

I consider myself to be a jeans/pants kinda girl but lately I've been buying more dresses. A couple days ago, a PR person for designer Kay Unger New York invited me to the debut of their Spring collection at Neiman Marcus in Tysons Corner Galleria, VA held tomorrow from 10am-3pm. This will be their first store to debut their Spring collection in the US and the design team will be on hand to debut the line and provide personal style consultations. Unfortunately I have work commitments tomorrow so I won't be able to attend but it's open to the public.

I'm familiar with this label since their dresses are in the department stores I shop at, but have not bought pieces from this designer yet because it's mostly geared towards evening wear and truth be told I don't have that many fancy parties to attend to on the regular. However, as I was browsing their new spring collection online www.kayunger.com and www.phoebe-couture.com (a more playful spin of the line) I was intrigued. She also sent some pictures on some amazing jackets they're currently working on for their Fall collection which I'm definitely looking forward to. It involves leather and you all know how I feel about leather.


Dress images from Kay Unger New York

These are some of the dresses from their collection that caught my eye--wearable, fun, and classy. What do you think? 

Whether you attend this event or not (although highly encouraged!), I hope you have a fantastic weekend. Talk soon. Xo.  

1 comment:

  1. YES to that jcrew tweed jacket! so cute on you :)

    www.dcstyleboard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete