Saturday, March 16, 2013

NomNom: Bacon & Brie Grilled Cheese w/ Jam Sandwich

Do you ever have one of the moments in the kitchen where you stand in front of your fridge and think to yourself, "There's nothing to eat." This usually translates into my closet too where I look at my wardrobe and think I have absolutely nothing to wear. I know, it's eye roll inducing. But that's ok because us girls are allowed to have those kinda moments. On the regular. 

Earlier this week I had a day off from work and happened to be home during lunch hour and had one of the moments after peering into my fridge. Trying to think of something to concoct that was quick, easy, and tasty led my eyes to zone in solely to the brie and bacon.

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned on my weekend snapshots that my friend got me a set of fancy jams from the Reading Terminal in Philly so since I still haven't used all the jams yet, I thought that I'll make myself a sandwich out of these 3 ingredients.


Best decision of my life. As I was perusing the web for recipes on variations of this sandwich, I noticed the only real difference was the type of bread or jam used. No biggie.


This sandwich is the bomb dot com. A definite keeper. I mean, there's salty bacon involved, melted creamy and soft brie cheese all nestled in between sweet, sweet jam. I mean...

After biting into this sandwich, it made me wonder why I haven't made this sooner. So.late.to.the.game. Anyway, I wanted to share this with you asap so you could experience this deliciousness in your kitchen too. Better late then never, right?

Have a great weekend. Xo

Ingredients (Yields:1 sandwich)
3 slices of bacon cooked crisp
2 slices of bread (I used Italian loaf)
Jam (I used blackberry apple jam)
4 thin slices of Brie, about 4" long
Butter

Procedure

1. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and butter one side of each slice of bread.  Slather the jam on the unbuttered side of two of the slices. Layer the bacon and brie slices between the slices of the jammed side and assemble the sandwich with the buttered side facing out. Place the buttered side down of those two slices in the skillet.

2. Fry the sandwich on the skillet until they are perfectly browned/toasted and the cheese is just about melted. Remove them from the pan, cut, and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment