Friday, March 29, 2013

NomNom: Quinoa Black Bean Burrito Bowl

Mexican food is one of my favorite cuisines and is something I could probably eat every week. Rotate that with Korean food and Japanese in between and I'm good to go.

I know Chipotle isn't considered Mexican, rather fast food tex-mex but gosh darnit, it's good stuff. It shares similar ingredients to Mexican food which is probably why it's my favorite "fast food" meal. The whole mix of buttery cilantro rice mixed with marinated meat, beans, cheese, corn, all wrapped into a warm tortilla and well you get the picture.....it's magic. 


Another food love in my life is quinoa. It's a new love that started early last year with this first dish I made in this post and that amazing ancient grain has continued to pull through in other dishes I've prepared in the kitchen; but, today's recipe tugged at some food strings like woah. I'm not a vegetarian by any means and honestly prefer dishes with some sort of meat in it but when you mix all the wonderful flavors together you forget that it lacks meat and that it's actually....healthy.

Call it the healthier version of the Chipotle burrito bowl if you will but the take home message is that this recipe is a an absolute winner.

The burrito bowl is packed with wonderful flavors coming from the black beans and lime juice infused quinoa AND it's really good for you. That kind of combo is hard to find but it does exist friends, and I can prove that to you with today's recipe

Have a great Easter weekend. Xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment