This weekend I...
1. Dropped by the drugstore to pick up some chapstick because I lost mine (again). I have a really bad habit of doing that and the one thing I absolutely hate is having dry lips, especially during the winter season. I ended up looking through the cosmetic section and came across Loreal lip balms. I was curious to try them out because they have the idea of a lipstick yet it's supposed to be moisturizing as a chapstick. So far, I really like them because they have a slight tint to them and it has kept my lips moisturized. Win! I also picked up America's Test Kitchen's 2012 magazine review of the best recipes. I love the idea behind them because their concept is that they have a tasting panel who test and tweak recipes over until the recipe tastes perfect.
2. Dined at Food Wine and Co in Bethesda, MD. It was my first time there and I was a bit disappointed with my dish. I ordered their rock fish special and it was nothing to rave about. Overall the dish was salty and their was no real flavor profile to it...it was basically fish on a bed of bland calamari and mussels. I also had reservations that evening yet still had to wait 30 minutes for my table. Not cool.
3. Painted my house key with nail polish. I'm always fumbling around with my keys because they all look the same so I decided to utilize my nail polish collection for another use. Lets just say it definitely stands out now in the midst of my other keys.
4. Compromised with the boy about me wanting to check out all the restaurants the Washingtonian magazine listed as the best in the DMV area and in return I check out all the hiking trails in the DC area he wants to explore. Sigh, what did I get myself into?
5. Finally had the chance to open up a bottle of wine the boy brought back with him from his trip to Spain. It was love at first sip. The wine was wonderfully crisp, sweet, with a hint of grape aftertaste. I can't wait to try the 3 others he brought back with him.
6. Had an intense craving for tonkatsu, which is breaded deep-fried Japanese pork cutlets. I ordered it to go so I could catch the Golden Globes. My favorite look of the night was Rooney Mara in Nina Ricci and Charlize Theron in Christian Dior. PERFECTION.
How was your weekend?