This weekend I...
1. Wore my new J.Crew sequin top for date night. They are having an extra 30% sale everything in store and I snagged several great pieces from the promotion. We went to dine at Poste Brasserie located in Washington, DC and ordered the truffle fries, Chef's special (snapper on a bed of gnocchi), and braised short ribs. The decor was romantic and the food was wonderful. I ordered the Moscow Mule as my drink but wasn't impressed with how the cocktail turned out from this place. The only negative to the experience, but nothing to keep me away from.
2. Drove up to NYC with the family Saturday afternoon to spend Christmas with my sister. The traffic was insane on the way which delayed us a couple of hours but we arrived safely, nonetheless.
3. Went to the Guggenheim museum to check out the Picasso exhibit which is on display until Jan 23, 2013. No pictures are allowed inside the museum other than the front entrance but the exhibit is highly recommended. There are many beautiful, original works of Picasso on display as well as Kandinsky's vibrant work, which was just lovely.
4. Went to Katsu Hama for dinner, a restaurant that specializes in katsu. They specialize in katsu with an array of different kinds of breaded and deep fried meat. The star dish of the night was the katsu with the American cheese. I've never had this odd combination before but will order this from now on because it was unexpectedly scrumptious. All of the katsu we ordered were perfectly fried, crispy, and lightly breaded. They also give you sesame seeds for you to grind at the table for the katsu, which was a nice touch.
5. Went to the overcrowded Rockefeller Center to see the Christmas tree. I love NYC around the holidays because the city is especially beautiful with their festive lights adorning the stores.