Monday, December 31, 2012

Weekend Snapshots


This weekend I....

1. Received most of the things I ordered online and in-store while shopping in NYC. I wanted to avoid the crazy high tax in NYC so I shipped the pricey purchases to my home haha. I'm waiting on one more box and that should be the end of it. I went on a bit of a shopping spree over the holidays and I have officially put myself on a serious shopping ban for one month. I'm gonna try and see if I can extend it to two months. Really. Wish me luck.

2. Two of the items in the big box were two pair of shoes I ordered online. I was hoping that when I received them, they'd be uncomfortable or not as fabulous in person so I could return them after spending so much over the holidays but sadly this is not the case. I love them. The leopard ankle booties from Stuart Weitzman are surprisingly comfortable and well, it's leopard. You know how much I love leopard. There are also gold metal details on the heels which is hard to see on the picture but that chic detail was the topping on the cake. The second pair I bought are going to be my everyday, casual shoes. I've been looking for a pair to casually wear on a daily basis and these Stella McCartney wedge shoes are it for me. I love the color, the warm shearling inside lining, and the wedge heel makes it extremely comfortable to walk around in while running errands and such. Both are keepers.

3. Finally had the chance to sit down and look through one of my new cookbooks I received as a Christmas gift from my photographer bestie. Mexican food is one of my favorite cuisines to eat so I'm looking forward to cook (and share with you) through this book.

4. Started doing some intense cleaning around my place. I don't know if it's a Korean thing but whenever the new year is approaching my mom likes to clean/vacuum out the dust and welcome the new year fresh and clean. I've picked up on this tradition and will be finishing the cleaning today.

5. Met with my friend Mel to catch up over dinner at Matchbox Pizza. We're both big fans of their sliders so that was an obvious item to start off with. I ordered a prosciutto and black mission fig pizza, which was something new to me. It had a great combination of flavors consisting of salty prosciutto, savory gorgonzola, topped with sweet drizzles of black pepper honey, along with bites of peppery arugula. Perfect. We haven't seen each other for about a month so knowing us, I knew we would have lots to catch up on...so much so that our dinner conversation lasted 4.5 hours. You just can't beat that combination of good food and great company.

Hope you had a great weekend. I just wanted to take this time to wish you a happy, healthy, and prosperous new year. This past year has been an amazing and surprising ride with my blog and I'm thankful that you have been part of that journey either through visiting or your sweet comments. I'm looking forward to what 2013 has in store for me and hope you will continue this blogging journey with me. Have a safe and happy new year. Cheers to 2013. Xo.

1 comment:

  1. I feel you on the shopping hiatus. I should get to some New Year cleaning as well. Start the year off right!
    nugicalmusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete