Monday, December 3, 2012

Weekend Snapshots


This weekend I...

1. Read that there was an Alexis Bittar sample sale happening in NYC and told my sister, who lives in NYC immediately about the sale. She went the last day when they were having an extra 20% off the sample sale prices and came home with these two gorgeous pieces. The bracelet is for me and the necklace is for her. I have the black version of this necklace that I've worn on the blog before so it was a no brainer to tell her to get the piece for herself.

2. Dined at Columbia Firehouse, a cozy and unpretentious restaurant located in Old Town Virginia. We ordered several small plates that consisted of mussels with chorizo and apples, cornmeal crusted oyster salad (best dish) and tuna tartar tacos. The least favorite dish was the tuna tartar due to the bland taste of the dish but that alone wouldn't deter me from coming back to this restaurant again. The drink I ordered was called the Moscow Mule which was a concoction of f lime juice, ginger beer, and stoli. Let's just say I was close to ordering 2 more of these but had to restrain myself from doing so, otherwise my Monday morning wouldn't have been very pleasant.

3. Bought the lastest holiday recipe magazine from America's Test Kitchen and baked a delicious chocolate peppermint sandwich from it. I made the festive dessert this morning so I could bring it for my friend whom I was meeting for brunch. She took a bite and loved it, so I'll be sharing this recipe late this week;)

4. Purchased this YSL clutch that I've been eyeing for awhile. I had a $350 gift card I received from Neiman Marcus after purchasing this Chanel pearl necklace a couple weeks ago and decided to use it on the YSL clutch. My choices were limited since the gift card could only apply to full priced items with jewelry being excluded so this clutch was the obvious choice for me. It's simple yet chic, which is something that comes in handy for frequent wears.

5. Visited the ZooLights at the National Zoo in Washington, DC. Every year around the holidays they put up lights around the zoo and display amazing gingerbread houses made by local kids/adults inside the visitor center. It's free and just a fun way to kick off the holiday season.

How was your weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment