Friday, November 30, 2012

Military Lady

Photos courtesy of Sung Shin

Leopard blouse, jacket-Old Navy
Leather pants, scarf-H&M (affordable version HERE)
Belt-J.Crew
Ankle boots-Via Spiga
Bag-Balenciaga (similar color HERE)
Sunglasses-Stella McCartney

Happy Friday! Hope you've ended the week well and are looking forward to the weekend. I'm very excited about today's post because my awesome photographer has recently upgraded his camera to a Canon 5D Mark 3 and today's outfit post was shot using that camera. Lets just say that he's extremely happy to be working with his new gadget...I guess it equates to the same feeling I have when buying a new bag.

Today's outfit is military inspired based on an interview request I received from Washington Life magazine asking me to incorporate current trends into one outfit. For the next several week, they will feature a DMV fashion blogger and mine will be posted next week. I'll link that post when it comes out--hope you enjoy the little feature:)

The trends I chose were military, leather and ankle boots because those are all trends I've been loving (and wearing) this season. I've been wearing these leather pants constantly as shown several times on my blog and thought it would be fun to pair it with an utilitarian jacket. I added a belt to cinch the waist to give it more shape to the outfit because it's easy for your figure to get lost in a jacket and a shapeless blouse underneath. Oh and as always, a pop of red never hurts;)

Have a fantastic weekend. Xo.

2 comments:

  1. Wooohoo, your Balenciaga bag is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall in love with your Leopard blouse,Jacket,Leather pants,Scarf,Ankle boots,Bag.
    You look perfect in this outfit.

    http://www.shopjessicabuurman.com/lookbook-street-fashion_c314

    ReplyDelete