Monday, November 5, 2012

Weekend Snapshots



This weekend I...

1. Went to the paint store and started looking through color swatches for my area of the room I want to paint. The overwhelming scheme of colors was a bit much but I think I've narrowed it down to to a couple of choices.

2. Bought a couple of new nail polishes from Maybelline's line, Color Show. I'm currently wearing midnight Sparkle and loving the slight sparkle it adds to the dark polish.

3. Stopped by Starbucks for their annual holiday seasonal flavors they released as of Nov.1. Nothing says the holiday is around the corner then those holiday Starbucks cups. I also wore my new YSL arty dot ring all weekend, which I picked up at the YSL sample sale in NYC a couple of weeks ago.

4. Tried out To Sok Jib in Annandale, VA at the recommendation of a friend. She told me how much she loves this hole in the wall Korean restaurant and I can see why. We wanted something warm to eat since it was so cold outside and the food delivered. The seafood pancake was more then a generous portion (and delicious) and the broth of the bean curd soup w/ tofu was savory and reminded me of my mom's version. I ordered  hand cut noodles with chicken which wasn't the best I've had, but decent. The broth was a bit bland for my taste buds and could've used a little kick but not enough to deter me from coming back again.

5. Started reading The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling. It's the author's first adult novel since her Harry Potter series. So far, I'm not the biggest fan of the book because it's a bit dull but I'm hoping the story line gets more interesting. I'm also thinking that because I've become so accustomed to her fantasy and magic she brings from the Harry Potter books, that her writing this time around isn't something I'm used to yet.

How was your weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Korean seafood pancakes are one of my faves, so nom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great weekend. I've heard mixed reviews about the new JK Rowling book so will probably wait until it's available at my local library before reading it.

    www.petitestyleonline.com

    ReplyDelete