Monday, November 26, 2012

Weekend Snapshots



This weekend I...

1. Braved the mall with my sister and shopped till we dropped on Black Friday. Our two favorite stores (Neiman Marcus and Saks) were participating in the Black Friday shopping festivity but this year's sale wasn't good as last years. Nonetheless, we both came out with some major goodies.

2. One of the best Black Friday deals my sister found was a pair of gorgeous navy blue Chanel ballet flats for about 70% off the retail price at Neiman Marcus. There was only ONE left which happened to be her size....it was meant to be.

3. Bought gold spray paint to give a makeover to some lackluster things around the house--one of them being this aluminum/silver tray I use in my bathroom to put random things on (contact case, hair bands, etc.). I love the final outcome and can't tell you how easy it was.

4. Dined at Dino restaurant, located in Washington, DC. It was my first time there and there were definite highs and lows of that evening. We ordered an appetizer dish, which was a crispy pork belly paired with Asian Pear but the appetizer came out with the rest of the meal. The server apologized and comped the appetizer but that didn't make up for the fact that it was a disappointing dish. I love pork belly and usually order it when I see it on the menu but the meat was overcooked, dry, and drenched in this anchovy salsa verde-too many flavor profiles going on that wasn't cohesive. I ordered the Pappardelle Cinghiale Bianco which consisted of ground wild boar, rosemary and cocoa, topped with pecorino cheese. Let's just say this dish made up for the appetizer we ordered.

5. Printed out one of my favorite quotes and put it in a frame to place near my work area. There are lots of little home decor details I have in mind that I want to work on and I'm hoping I'll get them done in the next couple of days.

How was your weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my days! You certainly shopped. I hope you got some bargains :-)

    www.petitestyleonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats some shopping you did. fashionistas. lol

    xox V

    ReplyDelete