Sunday, December 9, 2012

Weekend Snapshots


This weekend I....

1. Picked up a gorgeous bouquet of white roses from the market to add to my home. I just love the quiet sophistication white roses give to a home and couldn't resist leaving the store with out these.

2. Dined at Cedar restaurant, located in Washington, DC for the first time. We were first served an amuse bouche of sausage and funnel on a bed of pumpkin puree and fruits, courtesy of the chef. It was the perfect blend of savory and sweet which made me look forward to my dish even more. I ordered the Texas wild boar which was quite good--I only wish it was a bit more tender but the flavor profile which focused on savory and sweet (from roasted apples), was perfect.

3. Was surprised with macarons from Le Petite Caprice. They were good but I still think macarons from Bouchon Bakery and  Maison Lauduree are the best ones I've had so far. More importantly though, I appreciate the thoughtfulness of the surprise.

4. Decorated my place with Christmas ornaments and other festive things such as fresh garland, with the help of my photographer bestie. I love seeing holiday decorations this time of year and bringing some of that to my home makes me happy.

5. Stopped by CB2 and bought this chalkboard pen/pencil holder. I love that you can write on it and decided to put up a little reminder to myself, so I don't forget to enjoy the little things.

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment