Friday, April 13, 2012

NomNom: Cheesecake Parfait

When I have guests over, I like to have a little something delicious waiting for them. However, I'm all about efficient, simple, and obviously delicious food, so when I came across this ridiculously easy cheesecake parfait recipe, I knew I had to try and make it for my friend.


Growing up, my mom was a stickler (and still is) for manners and etiquette. I would watch her host dinners or have a simple get together at our house where fruits would always be peeled and cut up or fresh baked goods would be waiting to be placed on a pretty plate. She was definitely the hostess with the mostest. Food is love in my parent's household and that motto has now become something I live by. Whether it be the last delicious bite I offer to my friend or the last piece of cheese I give to Mandu (my lovable dog), food represents something more then just having something to fill your hunger with.

This parfait tastes exactly like a cheesecake would without the baking involved--how great is that?! A deconstructed cheesecake (and a major time saver), if you will. Each layer is what you'd find in a slice of cheesecake, and topping wise, you could alternate with another fruit of your choice. No biggie.

The weather is finally starting to warm up again starting today, which is a perfect way to start the weekend. Make yourself this easy cheesecake parfait, enjoy the beautiful weather, and have a great weekend.

Ingredients (Adapted from Food Network Magazine Apr 2011) 
8 ounces cream cheese (I used low fat)
3 Tablespoons sugar
3 Tablespoons heavy cream
1 Teaspoon of graham crackers
Fresh pears or chopped canned
Sliced crystallized ginger (optional)

Procedure
1. Beat 8 ounces softened cream cheese with sugar and heavy cream.
2. Put a heaping teaspoon of graham cracker crumbs in each glass
3 Top with the cream cheese mixture, chopped canned or fresh pears and sliced crystallized ginger.

No comments:

Post a Comment