Monday, April 9, 2012

Weekend Snapshots

 



This weekend I...

1. Scored a pair of J Brand jeans in a gorgeous eggplant color for an amazing deal at Nordstrom Rack. I bought it for $47 which is such a bargain because they're normally priced over $100.

2. Made my pimiento spread again and made sandwiches out of it. I also made a really easy cheesecake parfait the same day. My friend Melanie from LaBelleMel came over to visit and I wanted to make something yummy for her. I'm pretty sure she left my place happily stuffed;)

3. Also made rasberry and chocolate ganache macarons with Melanie for the first time. It was definitely a trial and error session but the end result was worth it. I love to cook and try new recipes but when I can share that experience with friends, it makes it that much better.

4. Dined at Vermilion. I've been wanting to try this restaurant (located in Alexandria, VA) for awhile now and finally had the opportunity this weekend. Everything, and I mean everything, tasted heavenly. You know you had a good meal if you're still thinking about it a couple days later. It's a bit pricey but worth it. If you're looking for a place to dine for a special occasion, I'd highly recommend this restaurant.

5. Finally found a rug!!! I've been searching for months to find the perfect color and design that would mesh well with my furniture/color scheme in my living area and found it at CB2, along with an awesome lamp (not pictured). So happy that my place is finally starting to come along to my liking.

6. Several weeks ago I was contacted to see if I was interested in "modeling" a spring work wear shoot for Brightest Young Things (BYT) and Pleathertte. It was a fun experience to play dress up in cute clothes and play "model" for the day. The full editorial is coming out today but the preview behind the scenes video debuted this weekend. Please check the video out=)

7. Helped cook Easter dinner with my family. The menu consisted of Hoisin marinated pork tenderloin, black bean and tomato quinoa (a huge hit at dinner and will post recipe this week) and sauteed green beans with bacon. Everything was nomnom worthy.

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... All that food looks so good. BTW, I am so glad that you got to do that shoot for BYT so fun.

    ReplyDelete