Monday, April 23, 2012

Weekend Snapshots



This weekend I...

1. Stopped by the mall to do a return and stopped by Ann Taylor Loft since they were having a weekend sale. I found this cute, striped sweater for $12! I have a lot of stripes in my wardrobe but I couldn't resist buying this sweater because it was so cheap. I always end up finding the greatest deals when I'm not looking for anything specific.

2. Bought Dry shampoo. I've been seeing it mentioned in magazines lately and was curious to see what the hype was. Several companies have their own dry shampoo line but I ended up buying Suave's because it was on sale haha. I don't like washing my hair everyday because it drys my hair out, so I wash it every other day. Sometimes, on the 2nd day my hair looks slightly oily so I tested the dry shampoo and was AMAZED at the results. Lets just say that it really does hold true to the name.

3. Experimented with tahini for the first time. It's a puree of sesame seeds that is used in Middle Eastern and Turkish cooking such as hummus, which is exactly what I used it for. Recipe will come soon;)

4. Had a craving for my favorite burger--the Hell burger from Ray's Hell Burger. It is by far, the best burger I've ever had (In N Out is 2nd on my fav burgers list) because the meat is unbelievably juicy and seasoned well. Oh, and you gotta order it with sweet potato fries. Those fries are so on point.

5. Ended my Sunday evening with a glass of wine and some magazines. The Washingtonian magazine had a great article on home decorating ideas and recommendations for furniture shops in the DMV area and well, I just loved every page in the Domino Mag. Home decor is a fairly new area for me so I'm always looking for inspirations on utilizing space, colors, and furniture. Magazines and blogs have been my go to source.

How was your weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Love mark-downs at Loft!!! :)

    Also, I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award on my blog today so be sure to check it out!

    Have a great week!

    xo,
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That happened to me too recently at Loft. I was just waiting for an appointment, stepped into Loft and bought a sweater for $12. Love it though.

    ReplyDelete