Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekend Snapshots


This weekend I...

1. Found these cute cone shaped appetizer things at TJMaxx! I see home made french fries or spiced nuts in the near future.

2. My good friend Mel from www.labellemel.com came over for a mini potluck dinner. I made shrimp burgers using a recipe from Cook's Illustrated which turned out to be SO GOOD that I'm actually making them again today. Mel made fried avocado rolls with a mango chutney dipping sauce that was equally delicious. I imagine that mango chutney would also taste good on chicken...mmmm. Trading recipes with my girlfriends and sharing the food we cook makes me happy.

3. Stopped by the Hermes store on Saturday to "visit" an accessory piece I've been eyeing since last year. The Hermes store has a strict store policy where you can't return an item once you buy it. My SA said that she would hold the piece for me until Monday so that I could think about it more over the weekend because I want to be 100% sure about the purchase. After much thinking, I decided I'm going to get it. I'm going back to the store today to make the purchase. So excited--will share soon.

4. Did some spring cleaning for my place and couldn't resist buying some gorgeous peonies (one of my favorite flowers) I saw while running errands for my freshly cleaned home. When peonies bloom, they're full, lush, and simply gorgeous.

5. Ordered sushi to go and stuffed our faces silly...story of my life.

6. Enjoyed the beautiful warm weather we had this weekend by basking in the warmth on my patio, drinking a glass (or two) of wine, and finding inspiration from my food and fashion magazines.

How was your weekend?

2 comments:

  1. the food looks amazing! i am a huge fan of sushi! great post. looks like a great weekend :-)

    ~nic
    www.nics-picks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always find the best stuff at TJMaxx girl!

    ReplyDelete